Education - Educational Technology (Online Masters Program)
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
Grand Valley State University's Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree in educational technology prepares educators at all levels to integrate technology into classroom settings. The program prepares teachers and leaders to enhance the potential of their students and to evaluate the social and ethical implications of educational policies and practices.
The M.Ed. in educational technology is offered as a fully online program meant for those living outside of Kent, Ottawa, and Muskegon counties. It is also offered as a hybrid (online and face-to-face) option for those who reside in or close to the Grand Rapids area. GVSU's online M.Ed. degree has been recognized as one of the best online graduate education programs by U.S. News & World Report and BestColleges.com/.
Courses focus on a variety of topics, including pedagogical issues, software and website evaluation, and curriculum integration, along with:
- Acquisition and use of instructional materials and media.
- Web-based and online instructional design.
- Social/ethical issues for technology use in educational settings.
Aside from maximizing your teaching skills, graduates can enjoy careers as corporate trainers, course developers, instructional designers, and technology specialists.
Deadline for fall semester is May 15; winter is September 15; spring/summer is February 15. Early application is strongly encouraged, those received after the deadline will be considered for the next cycle. The $30 application fee is waived for undergraduate alumni. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Why Study Educational Technology at Grand Valley?
- Take part in state-of-the-art learning from an institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools.
- Learn and grow professionally as part of a community of learners engaged in collaboration with faculty members, outside experts, mentors, and like-minded colleagues.
- Learning takes place using the most advanced information, tools, and instructional materials.
- Faculty members are experts in their field of study and remain flexible, available, and supportive of students.
- Named Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report and BestColleges.com/.
“I discovered the wealth of software and technology, such as the distance learning equipment, that was available to me in my district, yet was not made fully apparent to the teachers. I am now better equipped to implement technology-based learning into my instruction.”
MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER