Master of Science in Accounting (M.S.A.)
The Master of Science in accounting (M.S.A.) offers students who are interested in becoming specialists an intensive, concentrated learning experience that explores the essential aspects of accounting and permits an in-depth exploration in areas of special interest.
The Seidman College of Business offers the M.S.A. for students interested in expanding or continuing their professional education in accounting. The M.S.A. program includes a minimum of 33 credits as described below:
- Prerequisites (if needed)
- Core courses
- Additional elective courses pertaining to your background or career interests
Students will study a variety of subjects depending on their previous accounting exposure. All students will take courses in:
- Accounting theory
- Ethics for accountants
- International accounting
- Financial statement analysis
The M.S.A. caters to students' varied backgrounds and professional goals. The improved analytical and technical skills resulting in participation in the graduate accounting program are invaluable to those seeking career advancement and to those seeking employment in the accounting field.
Why Study Accounting at Grand Valley?
- Faculty members consult actively with firms and meet regularly with the Accounting Advisory Board which includes partners of West Michigan firms and other business leaders. This relationship ensures that students are connected to the West Michigan community.
- Students can pursue the degree part-time or full-time.
- The Robert C. Pew campus brings students to the heart of the business center of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Seidman is accredited by the AACSB International.
“The skills I acquired through the program have prepared me to pursue different areas of accounting. The accounting faculty and staff are very helpful and dedicate themselves to the success of their students.”
RENEE THELEN, CPA, CIA
PLANTE & MORAN, PLLC
“I knew that I wanted a new career, specifically in accounting. However, I was not really sure, at 51 years of age, how to make that happen. The M.S.A. program was a perfect fit. The staff and professors were extremely helpful, and the curriculum gave me the tools to accomplish my goals.”
PAM BOGUS, CPA
DELONG & BROWER, PC